A comprehensive guide to British Columbia Acting Schools.
Affordable Advertising For Your School - First Come First Served
Get Your School at The Top of the List. There are only FIVE spots left in this Ad Box. You get: 3 lines of Objective - Active Link via the name of your school - Email link [optional]
[Email Us to Purchase Your Spot - $100.00 per month - 1 Year Block]
Thespian Net does not guarantee the validity of schools. It is up to you to do the research.
If you find a broken link, please click [RDL] and hit SEND.
Vancouver Film School
- [RDL] Objective: This program provides opportunity exceeding other acting programs and underscores VFS's commitment to creating the experiences, environments and attitudes which promote a thorough foundation for effective on-camera work.
Victoria Motion Picture School
- [RDL] Objective: The program takes a spiral, rather than a linear approach to learning, always circling around the same basic principles, sometimes taking a broad overview, sometimes focusing on specific details, sometimes working in great depth, sometimes using a light and playful approach. Students should expect to bring their whole selves, for that is the raw material with which they will be working. The approaches and processes used will be drawn from a broad and eclectic
spectrum, the aim being to encourage each student to develop an individual approach to the work of acting.
Location: Victoria [Vancouver island]
TooBa Physical Theatre Centre
- [RDL] Objective:TooBa is investigating innovative ways of developing and teaching theatre using physical, visual and spoken languages. They are committed to creating indigenous forms and to honouring original expression.
- [RDL] Objective: Instructor Mel Tuck, is an internationally renowned Director and innovator in theatre training and technique. His 35-year history of directing, teaching and performing in Canadian theatre is extensive, and includes the artistic directorship of three companies, 13-years as Administrative Director of Ryerson Acting School and national recognition in the form of three ACTRA and two Etrog (Genie) nominations. Tuck's students have landed major roles in the Stratford Festival, the Shaw Festival and regional theatres, and have gained international exposure in the North American film industry.
Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts
- [RDL] Objective: To motivate and inspire actors. Deconstruct any negative impressions and replace them with self-empowering tools that lets the actor be in touch with their talent and use it freely. We have created an environment that helps actors to achieve their goals and life long dreams.
- [RDL] Objective: SchoolCreative offers part and full time programs for film and television acting taught by dedicated, Cannes award winning and Emmy nominated professionals. The instruction is results oriented and we take great pride in mentoring our students to the careers they want. Contact Kirsten Clarkson to register.
First Step Actors' Workshop
- [RDL] Objective: Our objective is to prepare students for acting in film and television and also help grow those who have experience in the industry by developing confidence, trusting the person they and finding what they love in the craft. We are trying to make our program expand so that we can create and produce our own independent films. First Step was created in 1999 by Russell Porter, who until recently was not only an instructor at First Step but also cohost of Shaw's Urban Rush. In addition, we plan to build up our school to where the students can create their own films and gain exposure in the industry.
Location: North Vancouver
Studio on the Drive
- [RDL] Objective: The Studio on the Drive's mandate is to provide high quality training in a nurturing enviroment and to push the actor in achieving their goals. Instructors are working professionals who bring over 50 years of cumulative experience and insight to their teaching. Staff members are actively engaged with the Film/T.V. and Theatre industries, allowing students the opportunity to have liaisons between practice and application. From the beginning actor to the advanced, the Studio on the Drive is a venue for complete exploration of the craft of acting.
- [RDL] Objective: To provide The highest quality on-going acting training for all levels of ability and aspiration.
Shoreline Actors' Film & Television Studio
- [RDL] Objective: In this full time program, we have professional actors training professional actors in the areas of film, television and voice-overs. Our program teaches you how to excel in these three areas of the industry with regular guest speakers (Casting Directors, Producers, Leads, Agents) that have worked on some of the biggest films and television series in recent years. There is also a unique business component to this training that teaches the professional actor how to effectively and efficiently run a measurable business in this subjective industry.
The Audition Room
- [RDL] Objective: This ongoing intensive program teaches all of the core ingredients of scene study for film and television in the format that professional actors actually work. You will not get 4 weeks to work a scene and then perform all of its subtleties but you will be expected to deliver at that same calibre. Our coaches work closely with most of the city's top casting directors and have an unparalleled understanding of the audition process. This is the skill that most actors truly need to develop if they wish to take measurable steps forward in their careers. We work out of a busy Casting Facility that casts many of the city's commercials, films and TV series and anyone training with us gets one on one coaching for e very Film & Television audition at no charge.
- [RDL] Objective: Biz Studio is a professional screen acting school for kids and teens in Vancouver, BC. Working actors teach small classes and workshops for ages 5-7, 8-11, and 12-17 in a simulated audition environment, with the goal of helping students book work in film+tv. Classes are fun, with a focus on putting in the work to be professional and developing a strong work ethic.
Actor's Working Academy Objective: The program offers a strong foundation in theater, film, and television acting skills. Our instructors have all worked and directed in film and stage. You will be guided in the business side of the "business" to help you in contacting agents and casting directors. Whatever your experience, you will leave the Academy with a solid beginning to your lifetime training as a professional actor.